Skip to main content


Get Free Money For College!
Posted 10/30/18

Do you want scholarships, grants, work study and college loans?  


You MUST apply for financial aid through FAFSA

or the CA Dream Act Application


Before the Federal Government, State Government or Colleges can give you financial aid- which includes merit scholarships- you need to complete this form.  You can even sync directly with the IRS to pull your tax information (although you'll also need to know your yearly income to enter in the form).


To get started, students AND parents must create their FSA ID here to electronically sign the FAFSA.  Don't lose this information- you'll need it again next year to update and submit FAFSA for each year your student is in college.


After you submit the FAFSA

  • You will immediately see your EFC (Estimated Family Contribution).  You will also see if you qualify for the Federal Pell Grant and/or Federal Student Loans
  • Your FAFSA information will be sent to our CA State Office to see if you qualify for a CalGrant.  About 10 days after you submit your FAFSA, you can check your CalGrant status online here.  (you will create an account AFTER you submit the FAFSA)
  • The colleges you select will get your FAFSA information, which they will use to prepare your financial aid package upon acceptance