A Northgate Graduate will meet the California Academic Standards and be able to do the following skills clearly, effectively, and fluently:
Communicate: A Northgate Graduate…
▪ Utilizes technology and media.
▪ Considers other ideas and perspectives.
Critically Think: A Northgate Graduate…
▪ Makes connections.
▪ Finds information, evaluates sources, and utilizes resources effectively in all disciplines.
▪ Evaluates and assesses a problem, examines the data, and arrives at a solution.
▪ Recognizes perspective and bias.
▪ Asks thoughtful questions to deepen understanding and reflects on newfound knowledge.
Create: A Northgate Graduate…
▪ Works through processes to solve problems.
▪ Proposes and designs solutions.
▪ Implements creative and aesthetic elements into projects.
▪ Practices regularly for fluency and efficiency.
▪ Performs to the best of his/her ability.
▪ Uses technological tools to create original work and design innovative solutions.
Collaborate: A Northgate Graduate…
▪ Works effectively with community members.
▪ Starts and completes projects promptly.
▪ Persists when addressing a problem or completing a project.
▪ Models resiliency when met with adversity.
▪ Demonstrates skill in collaborative and individual approaches to work.
▪ Produces collaborative and individual original work in a variety of forms.
Connect: A Northgate Graduate…
▪ Relates ideas and skills learned in the academic setting to the everyday world.
▪ Engages in learning experiences throughout life and values the learning process.
▪ Demonstrates mindfulness and the understanding that one’s actions have far-reaching effects.
▪ Models stewardship and environmental literacy.
▪ Adapts to new and different ideas and demonstrates cultural, global and ethical awareness.
▪ Utilizes technological tools and resources to solve problems and receive support.